A Penny for Your Thoughts
: Holy crap a lotta Earths
Via Kenneth Hite's LiveJournal, PLANETOCOPIA by Chris Wayan.
1. On 2007-02-08, Caesar_X wrote:
This is really nice stuff, thanks! I love the "making of" page here: http://www.worlddreambank.org/C/CARPTIPS.HTM
It's like a Cranian World Burner gone horribly mad!!
2. On 2007-02-08, Vincent wrote:
3. On 2007-02-08, Sempiternity wrote:
Ah! I've read through these a few months ago. They're pretty cool world-building experiments, although a bit too shifted toward the furry crowd, if you ask me... ;)
4. On 2007-02-08, Brand Robins wrote:
This is so awesome it makes me want to head-butt you.
5. On 2007-02-08, NinJ wrote:
Well, we can't all be Wayne Barlowe or Dougal Dixon. I really like these despite the furry thing.
6. On 2007-02-08, Larry Lade wrote:
Forget about "Green Mars"! I'm totally impressed by
NinJ: Hah! Yeah, I thought the furry thing is, um, unfortunate.
7. On 2007-02-09, xenopulse wrote:
It's a bit sad to look at Dubia and see Hamburg and all those other great old cities gone.
8. On 2007-02-09, ScottM wrote:
This sucked up a lot of day... they're awesome, thanks for sharing.
9. On 2007-02-09, Troy_Costisick wrote:
10. On 2007-02-09, Ben Lehman wrote:
Enjoy it. It's beautiful.
This is perhaps the first and only time I've ever been *excited* about global warming.
11. On 2007-02-09, NinJ wrote:
I take back what I said about being disappointed about the furry thing. They're not furries because he's lazy and it's a popular internet meme; they're furries because that's what he wants. I think that's awesome.
12. On 2007-02-10, Larry Lade wrote:
Oh! Leave me standing around with a "he's including furries because it's a popular internet meme" stick in my hand! Bastard. *sigh*
I specifically had this guy in mind as a basis for comparison.
13. On 2007-02-10, NinJ wrote:
Hey! I forgot about that guy! I always wished that he'd gone all the way out and had some stories and artifacts assembled to go with the evolution. I wished he'd speculate a bit on the culture and stuff. Also, it's awfully humanoid.
14. On 2007-02-10, Sempiternity wrote:
To be fair, the complex life stage of planet building is always the most open for interpretation...
Oh, and is it just me, or do some of these worlds - like Serrana, especially - seem perfectly suited to hosting a longer term game of "Sign in, Stranger"?
15. On 2007-02-11, Brand Robins wrote:
I'm totally using that Mars in the Mars 2534 PTA game I'm trying to get my suck ass group to start.
16. On 2007-02-12, NinJ wrote:
Brand, is it possible that a suck ass group isn't the group for you?
17. On 2007-02-14, Brand Robins wrote:
Naw, my suck ass group is the best group humanly possible. Its just that I despise humanity, and being human, my group thus suffers from my spite.
18. On 2007-02-14, Vincent wrote:
You and my brother, man.
He'll come into the room shaking his head. "So many houses, so few poxes," he'll say.
19. On 2007-02-16, Rev. Raven Daegmorgan wrote:
Whoo. I was totally looking for exactly this and I didn't know I was until you posted it. Many thanks!
This comment thread has an RSS feed: