On 2009-04-11, Mathieu Leocmach wrote:
Hello everybody (it's my first post here even if I read this blog a lot),
How would you describe MLwM's system with theses drawings ?
Actually, I'm playing MLwM by forum. It's an experiment to see if it works. Until now it sucked, and I didn't really knew why. But reading this post, I understood that we missed right-pointing arrows.
- The scene is set up by the GM, deciding which type scene it is.
- The player expresses the efforts of his character.
- The GM decides if the Intimacy/Despair/Sincerity dice is added to which side. The only cloud-to-boxes arrow
- Dices are rolled, provoking changes in the cues and resolving the scene.
- The end of the scene is played by the payers and/or the GM, according to the result of the dices.
If the GM and the player are lazy or forgetful about the I/D/S dice, then everything goes purely mechanical. Not really fun.
Did I got things right ?