2005-01-21 : Archive 159
Skiffy Game, character creation, some thinking. Based on Eric's observation about Sorcerer down here.
When you create a character, choose some characters owned by other people. Choose a Shared History or a Shared Investment with each. The Shared Histories include: Military, Criminal, Romantic, Familial, plus more. The Shared Investments include: Technology, Ideology, Family, plus more.
These we share, as you'd expect. If I take Shared Military History with your character, your character has to take it with mine. We both have to agree to it before either of us can write it down; no biggie.
Now within each Shared History and Shared Investment there'll be a list of let's-call-them Dynamics. We each have to choose one; it's a specific, concrete piece of your character's relationship with mine. They're one-way, not shared, and we can't choose the same one.
For instance, we choose Shared Military History. Its list of Dynamics includes:___ obeys my orders.___ has my back.___ takes my advice.___ gives good orders.___ keeps me in line.___ doesn't leave me behind.___ turns a blind eye.
So let's say I write on my character sheet: "Fells turns a blind eye." You write on yours: "Runner has my back."
My effectiveness in conflict depends on what's on my character sheet being true. Say randomly that I get 2d10 per truth. If your character doesn't turn a blind eye - bam, I'm out those 2d10.
1. On 2005-01-21, Chris said:
2. On 2005-01-21, Vincent said:
3. On 2005-01-21, Matt said:
4. On 2005-01-21, Ben Lehman said:
5. On 2005-01-21, Matt said:
6. On 2005-01-21, Ben Lehman said:
7. On 2005-01-21, Chris said:
8. On 2005-01-21, Ninja Hunter J said:
9. On 2005-01-22, Vincent said:
10. On 2005-01-22, Matt said:
11. On 2005-01-22, Weeks said:
12. On 2005-01-22, Matt said:
13. On 2005-01-22, Vincent said:
14. On 2005-01-22, Vincent said:
15. On 2005-01-22, Matt said:
16. On 2005-01-22, Chris said:
17. On 2005-01-22, Matt said:
18. On 2005-01-22, Vincent said:
19. On 2005-01-22, Chris said:
20. On 2005-01-25, Eric said:
21. On 2005-01-25, Eric said: