anyway.

2006-08-17 : GenCon 06 story 1

I forget which night. Saturday?

I'm on the 9th floor holding Maddox and being part of the Galactic after-play. Meg's down in the lobby playing I don't know what, probably Primitive. Tovey's on the 16th floor, asleep in the hotel room; Carrie's up there with him, also asleep. Meg's been checking in on them quietly occasionally.

"Oops," I say, kind of abruptly, in the middle of the Galactic conversation. "Gotta go." I bring Maddox and Matt with me and take the elevator up. Swipe my key, go in, go into the back room of the suite. Carrie's sitting up with Tovey, who's crying. I hand Maddox back to Matt and take him.

"Has he been crying long?" I say.

"Num. Justarted," says Carrie. She falls back into her bed; I'm not sure she ever really woke up. I'll ask her next time I see her.

I rock Tovey and he settles right down. I turn back to Matt -

And there's Meg in the inner doorway. I was on floor 9, she was in the lobby; we must've gotten on our respective elevators at about exactly the same moment. It must've been within seconds of when Tovey started crying.

I don't really believe in that kind of thing, but hey, what are you gonna do?

1. On 2006-08-17, Michael S. Miller said:

It's all those demos of Primitive. Got you attuned to the whole spectrum of non-verbal communication.

2. On 2006-08-18, misuba said:

Yeah. Minds are cool.

RSS feed: new comments to this thread