2009-06-16 : Real and Fictional
When Sebastian was just three we lived in an apartment in Amherst with a grad student named Jake. Sebastian and Jake bonded over music; they were both big fans of Jonathan Richman. They'd put on his disks and run around the living room with their arms outstretched, making airplane noises.
One day Sebastian came up to Jake with his eyes very wide. "Let's not pretend to be airplanes," he said. "Let's really be airplanes."
Jake made his eyes very wide too. "Okay," he said. So they ran around the living room, arms outstretched, nrrow, nrrow! Wangity-wang, wangity-wang I'm a little airplane nrrow!
I think Jake had double-majored in philosophy and cognitive science, and was now pursuing some kind of cogsci masters. Sebastian made him a happy, happy Jake.
1. On 2009-06-16, Graham said:
2. On 2009-06-16, Matthijs said:
3. On 2009-06-16, Callan said:
4. On 2009-06-17, rm said:
5. On 2009-06-17, Matt Wilson said:
6. On 2009-06-17, Jon H said:
7. On 2009-06-21, Steve said:
8. On 2009-06-24, misuba said: