2014-03-17 : AW:Dark Age: Big Changes Coming
Let me tell you where I'm at.
Your feedback has been tremendous. The most useful thing to me has been your questions. When you ask me a question, I can tell whether it's:
- A straightforward question with a straightforward answer;
- A straightforward question, and I haven't decided the answer;
- A place where the game's grinding a little, but minor changes elsewhere can smooth it over;
- A place where the game's grinding a little, and I'll have to work to fix it;
- A place where the game's for reals breaking down.
When I have enough people asking me questions, the questions start to repeat, and soon, nobody's asking me any new ones. That's where we are with the first-look document now, and have been for a week or so.
When this happens, I take it to mean that the current round of feedback is complete, and it's time to make a revised document. Eventually, several rounds from now, it'll be the last round of feedback, and when it's done, it'll be time to make the finished text.
But meanwhile I'm still up to my elbows in this first revision, and it's much more extensive than I'd predicted. I've been exploring possibilities, mapping out dead ends, groping my way into new ground. I'm excited about what I'm making and I think you're going to be excited to see it.
I've been promising a revised document "at or near the end of March," and that still seems realistic to me. Look for another 5-day countdown as the 30th approaches.
Oh, and I've hooked up with an artist. We'll make an announcement about that pretty soon, I think.
1. On 2014-03-17, Alex D. said:
2. On 2014-03-17, Vincent said:
3. On 2014-03-17, nerdwerds said:
4. On 2014-03-17, gwathdring said:
5. On 2014-03-18, Andy said:
6. On 2014-03-18, Vincent said:
7. On 2014-03-22, Rich said: