anyway.

2017-08-28 : Vigil

Over at his Patreon, Ron Edwards has just released the very first playtest/notes document for Vigil [patrons only], a superhero game he's working on. I got to try it out at GenCon, and holy mac am I excited for it.

In full, sober honesty, I've never once actually cared about a superhero before now.

Here's the deal: we sit down and we choose something that we all honestly hate, in real life. In our game, it was debt used as an instrument of violent control. Which seems a little abstract when I write it out, but you should just feel my blood boiling over here.

Then we create our characters. Before we start, as an absolute given, we know two things about them:

First, they have broken the law and will break the law to fight debt as an instrument of violent control. Given.

Second, they're living a double life: a workaday life and a vigilante life. Given.

So here's me, and I'm like, you are TOO GODDAMN RIGHT I've broken the law and will keep breaking the law to fight debt as an instrument of violent control! And I have this rising enraged coil of light inside me, and a few minutes later I have this character I can channel it into. I'm white-knuckled and grinning.

Anyhow, Ron's got a ton of work to put into this game still, and I want him to have the time and space to do it, BADLY, and we all have this grinding erosion of time and space we have to contend with all the time. Back his Patreon if you can!

1. On 2017-08-28, Ron Edwards said:

Thanks man! If anyone's interested in my blog post about getting started on this, it's here: https://adeptpress.wordpress.com/2017/06/18/is-your-hate-pure/

direct link
marginalia

This makes...
VB go "Enlinked!"

2. On 2017-09-02, Paul T. said:

Nice!

There's been a bunch of chatter recently on Story Games about how Ron's games are often underrated or overlooked. Great to hear about a new one in development!

RSS feed: new comments to this thread