2007-10-11 : Blood Meridian
Adam Thornton wrote me the other day. Quoth he:
It strikes me that Poison'd mechanics and general outlook + Dogs In The Vineyard setting and narrative style = Blood Meridian the RPG
I'm not at all sure what to think about this.
So naturally I had to look this book up.
Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy. I bought it that day and I finished it a week later.
a) Adam's right. b) I have some thoughts about it, but they're tentative and not the sort I'd care to argue in support of. They're about aesthetics.
Particularly interesting to me is how Blood Meridian and Dogs in the Vineyard both treat the natural world. While absent literal demons (with maybe one exception), what Dogs in the Vineyard would call demons permeate Blood Meridian's natural landscape.
Anybody else read the book who wants to talk with me about it? Adam, are you reading this?
1. On 2007-10-11, Adam Thornton said:
2. On 2007-10-13, Adam Thornton said:
3. On 2007-10-13, george oliver said:
4. On 2007-10-15, Vincent said:
5. On 2007-10-16, Adam Thornton said:
6. On 2007-10-16, Vincent said:
7. On 2007-10-16, Vincent said:
8. On 2007-10-17, Adam Thornton said:
9. On 2007-10-18, SDL said:
10. On 2007-10-18, Adam Thornton said:
11. On 2007-10-18, Vincent said:
12. On 2007-10-20, Adam Thornton said:
13. On 2007-10-28, Chris J said: