2008-01-04 : Conan in a Wicked Age
I just had a genius idea. It's so genius that I told it to J, then Storygames, and now I'm telling it to you:
You know how in some rpgs there's one player who, for the whole duration of the game, is the GM? Like, Sorcerer and Shadowrun and The Mountain Witch are examples; there are many, many more.
If I were to play Conan In a Wicked Age, what I'd do is, I'd have one player whose job it is to play Conan in every session. Everybody else would do the full-on In a Wicked Age thing, with the oracles and the owe list and some characters being recurring and some not being recurring and everyone can GM some sessions if they want to - but this one player would be set apart to play Conan in every session.
This sounds so fun to me that I can hardly blink.
Conan would have very serious character continuity, even if you jump around chronologically like In a Wicked Age lets you - that'd be this player's job. And sometimes by chance Conan would be the true protagonist of the session, and sometimes someone else would be, with Conan there to add Conanosity; but at the end you'd look back and it'd be, damn, Conan.
Know who else this'd work for like crazy? Batman.
1. On 2008-01-05, Remi said:
2. On 2008-01-05, Tom said:
3. On 2008-01-05, Kip Manley said:
4. On 2008-01-05, Kip Manley said:
5. On 2008-01-05, Ben Lehman said:
6. On 2008-01-05, Vincent said:
7. On 2008-01-06, Ben Lehman said:
8. On 2008-01-06, Vincent said:
9. On 2008-01-07, Matt Wilson said:
10. On 2008-01-07, Vincent said:
11. On 2008-01-08, TomR said:
12. On 2008-06-10, jessecoombs said:
13. On 2008-06-11, Z-Dog said:
14. On 2009-09-14, Chuck Henebry said: