2008-11-07 : Hope & Courage
One of the big lies is that someone else will fulfill your dreams for you.
The purpose of this big lie is the purpose of all big lies: to keep us quiet, sad, passive, inert.
When someone says that they think we Obama voters are in for a big disappointment, they're expressing this big lie. They think we're counting on him to fulfill our dreams for us. It's a sad thing to think and say - they've made themselves a tool of the lie.
If we expect Obama as president to fulfill our dreams, yes, we'll be disappointed. Duh.
The fact is, if we don't pursue our dreams, for ourselves, with all our hearts and passions, it doesn't matter in the least what Obama does and doesn't do as president. We'll be disappointed; our dreams will remain unfulfilled.
And if we do pursue our dreams, passionately and wholeheartedly, it also doesn't matter in the least what Obama does and doesn't do. We may fail, we may lose, but we won't be quiet, sad, passive and inert. It'll be too bad, but at least we did.
1. On 2008-11-07, Ron Edwards said:
2. On 2008-11-07, Guy Shalev said:
3. On 2008-11-08, Ben Lehman said:
4. On 2008-11-08, Brand Robins said:
5. On 2008-11-08, JamesNostack said:
6. On 2008-11-09, Matt Wilson said:
7. On 2008-11-10, Dustin Cooper said:
8. On 2008-11-10, Vincent said:
9. On 2008-11-10, Dustin Cooper said:
10. On 2008-11-11, Curly said:
11. On 2008-11-11, Ron Edwards said:
12. On 2008-11-12, KingstonC said:
13. On 2008-11-12, Brand Robins said:
14. On 2008-11-12, Ben Lehman said:
15. On 2008-11-12, Ron Edwards said:
16. On 2008-11-12, Ben Lehman said:
17. On 2008-11-12, Ron Edwards said:
18. On 2008-11-12, Gregor said:
19. On 2008-11-12, Matt Wilson said:
20. On 2008-11-12, Brand Robins said: