2009-02-02 : Hearin' the Call
Sometimes it comes powerfully upon me that I need to write fiction. Especially young adult fiction. Need! This morning for instance.
Fortunately, these days my calling to write fiction doesn't survive my contemplating what writing fiction would be like to actually do. My fiction muse is like "Vincent, NEED." And I'm like "are you serious that would mean writing some fiction and you know I'm not doing that. Because: what a hassle." And my fiction muse is left trying to figure out how to convince me that writing fiction is worthwhile even despite how inconvenient it is. Which she hasn't figured out how to do, yet. She knows there's a way - she's pretty sure there is, some way or some place I'm vulnerable - but she hasn't found it.
I hate to think what'll happen when she does. Then I'll have to write fiction. What a hassle that will be.
1. On 2009-02-02, wundergeek said:
2. On 2009-02-02, Ben Lehman said:
3. On 2009-02-03, Vincent said:
4. On 2009-02-03, Ben Lehman said:
5. On 2009-02-03, Christian Griffen said:
6. On 2009-02-03, Luke said:
7. On 2009-02-03, Matt Wilson said: