2005-05-06 : A complete game has...
From my point of view as just some guy; the judge(s) of the game chef competition may have wholly other opinions.
Also from my point of view as a guy with some opinions about quality; people who don't agree with me about what's good may have wholly other opinions as well.
1) Mechanical rules for opposition, situation, IIEE, resolution and outcome. They should include both a reward mechanism and a positioning mechanism.
2) Mechanical rules establishing each player's starting position wrt resolution and reward for sure, and the others as appropriate.
3) Rules or guidelines providing each player with an answer, at every moment, to "what should I be doing right now?"
4) Enough material to kick the players without any further work on their part into agreement about at least two of: characters, situation, setting and color. Characters and setting is the easiest, but not-at-all easy to get right; characters and situation is the easiest to get right.
5) Rules or guidelines for coming to agreement about the other two.
6) Violence, sex, children, money, God, or art.
Anything I've missed?
1. On 2005-05-06, Vincent said:
2. On 2005-05-06, Jeffrey Straszheim said:
3. On 2005-05-06, Ben Lehman said:
4. On 2005-05-06, Vincent said:
5. On 2005-05-07, JasonL said:
6. On 2005-05-08, Vincent said:
7. On 2005-05-08, Charles said:
8. On 2005-05-09, Ghoul said:
9. On 2005-05-09, Vincent said:
10. On 2005-05-09, Ninja Hunter J said:
11. On 2005-05-09, Neel said:
12. On 2005-05-09, xenopulse said:
13. On 2005-05-09, Ben Lehman said:
14. On 2005-05-09, xenopulse said:
15. On 2005-05-09, Neel said:
16. On 2005-05-09, Neel said:
17. On 2005-05-09, anon. said:
18. On 2005-05-09, Vincent said:
19. On 2005-05-09, Vincent said:
20. On 2005-05-09, Ben Lehman said:
21. On 2005-05-10, Ninja Hunter J said:
22. On 2005-05-10, Eric Finley said:
23. On 2005-05-11, JasonL said: