2009-10-26 : TV Time
Bored to Death makes me laugh. I'm like "Meg! Come watch this show with me! It's about Jason Schwartzman being self-absorbed and awkward!" She's like "oh hooray my favorite. Too bad I have to sort my thread collection today, or I totally would. I'm not just saying that." But I'm like "but ... Ted Danson too, also being self-absorbed and awkward. You'd love it! Today Jim Jarmusch was on, playing himself." And she's like "was he self-absorbed and awkward?" and I'm like "yes!" and she's like "oh man TOO BAD I have all this thread to sort."
Community makes me laugh. There's not much to it, but I like it.
Modern Family makes me laugh. Is there much to it? I dunno. It's no Arrested Development. But I like it anyway.
The Office still makes me laugh. A couple of episodes ago, I had to leave the room for a minute because of the pain. That show, dang. A few seconds of sweetness and we'll endure an otherwise whole episode of nothing but pure brainmelting terror.
My favortie thing about Glee is that Mr. Schu's way of dealing with problems is to go along with something really dumb. (My second favorite thing about it is its approach to sex ed.)
House schmouse. Also, Lie to Me schmie to me.
Dollhouse is oh, fine. Did I hear rumors that they were going to can it? That'd be sad.
Meg loooooves Big Bang Theory. I don't really love it (but I like watching it with her). I think she may identify with Penny. Maybe more than a little. I don't like to think about that very hard, though, because the implications for me are, um. Well. Better saved for those 3:00am sessions of brutal self-reckoning. Not so suitable for blog posts or 22 minutes a week with a laugh track.
There's no The Shield, no The Wire, not even any dumb old Battlestar Galactica, and Lost and Burn Notice aren't due back for a while. Anything I'm missing?
1. On 2009-10-26, Vincent said:
2. On 2009-10-26, Graham said:
3. On 2009-10-26, Matt Wilson said:
4. On 2009-10-26, Avram said:
5. On 2009-10-26, Eppy said:
6. On 2009-10-26, Seth Ben-Ezra said:
7. On 2009-10-26, John Harper said:
8. On 2009-10-27, Judd said:
9. On 2009-10-27, buzz said:
10. On 2009-10-27, Alex D. said:
11. On 2009-10-27, Neon Fox said:
12. On 2009-10-27, ironick said:
13. On 2009-10-28, Ted said:
14. On 2009-10-29, Joshua A.C. Newman said:
15. On 2009-10-29, V. Ryan said:
16. On 2009-10-30, Porter said:
17. On 2009-11-02, Vincent said:
18. On 2009-11-04, mxyzplk said:
19. On 2009-11-04, Vincent said:
20. On 2009-11-05, Jeff Z said:
21. On 2009-11-10, Robert Bohl said:
22. On 2009-11-11, Alex D. said: