2010-10-06 : Shock:Human Contact Kickstart
Hooray! It's the Shock:Human Contact kickstart!
I've been playing Human Contact since its very earliest non-Shock: beginnings, right up through our most recent session a couple of nights ago. In that session, we discovered that the world-destroying alien orbital-thread is in fact an artifact of an epochally-ancient shared ancestral hominin civilization designed to extend the sun's Goldilocks band to the outer-middle orbits. A solar-system-sized terraformer, triggered by our arrival. Now we have to decide whether to stop it, or try to save as many lives as we can if we decide to let it run its course. This being Shock:, we don't all agree and we all have mutually competitive and inter-incompatible interests. No one knows how it's going to turn out.
So it's very, very cool. It builds first contact kind of the way that In a Wicked Age builds sword & sorcery. Check it out.
1. On 2010-10-06, Joshua A.C. Newman said:
2. On 2010-10-07, Vincent said:
3. On 2010-10-07, Joshua A.C. Newman said:
4. On 2010-10-11, Robert Bohl said:
5. On 2010-10-12, Joshua A.C. Newman said:
6. On 2010-10-13, Vincent said:
7. On 2010-10-14, Joshua A.C. Newman said: