anyway.

2011-09-06 : PAX Food 1 - Thai Curry Simple

Hello everyone!

I have curry pastes from Thai Curry Simple, and also a jar of their hot sauce that's like looking at the face of God.

Please come over and eat with me. I'll cook. RSVP.

For some of you, I recognize that this is impractical! I'm very, very sorry. You might consider arranging to get some curry pastes from Thai Curry Simple yourself. May I particularly point out their hot sauce that's like looking at the face of God.

A few of you live in Seattle and just get to go to Thai Curry Simple yourself whenever you want. You don't need me! No hard feelings, you can come over anyway if you want.

Love, Vincent

1. On 2011-09-06, Vincent said:

Ben tells me that Thai Curry Simple moved from New York City to Seattle because they're ideologically committed to giving you a big bowl of delicious curry for $5, and they couldn't do it in New York anymore.

They're nuts, but they're our kind of nuts. Blessings and peace upon them!

2. On 2011-09-06, Ben Lehman said:

Mark and Picha say hi (Picha actually said "was he the guy who ordered the hot sauce?" and then whistled). Picha asks for photos of whatever you cook for their facebook page.

3. On 2011-09-06, Alex D. said:

Huh!
Is this a serious offer? I'm pretty certain you don't want me showing up at your house and eating all your curry.

But I've been wrong before.

Also: Their dedication to delicious-yet-cheap curry is pretty amazing.

4. On 2011-09-06, Vincent said:

Serious offer? Sure. Call or email first!

5. On 2011-09-06, Alex D. said:

Ah, well, in that case, I'm seriously considering.

The 2ish hour drive to western mass would be far nicer on my car than the 50ish hour drive to Seattle, for one.

My schedule's bonkers now, but if you still have curry pastes when I've got time to spare, well, excellent. If you don't, well, I'll order some and bring it.

- Alex

6. On 2011-09-06, Vincent said:

Cool!

7. On 2011-09-06, Vincent said:

Ben: Aw, that's sweet. I'll try to take pictures.

8. On 2011-09-08, Neurook said:

Symapthy curries (fish soup actually) from Norway: Picture!

9. On 2011-09-08, Chris Chinn said:

Yeah, I was really glad they opened up.  I hadn't had good hot sauce like that since I was a teenager with hella Laotian friends and home cooking.  I remember ordering, putting a lot of the sauce on, and the owner comes up, "Are you sure you want to do that?" and then walks away after he sees me happily chowing down.

God I miss that spicyness!

RSS feed: new comments to this thread