anyway.

2011-09-13 : HGMO + GxB

Quick note. I've posted at the Forge about HGMO & GxB. I know that some of you don't read the Forge regularly but might be interested anyway.

Click on through! Conversation here or there, either way is fine.

1. On 2011-09-13, Meserach said:

I'm going to guess the alphabet soup up there indicates two distinct games, but I don't actually know their names. This is probably because I don't hang out much on the right forums any more :(

2. On 2011-09-13, Vincent said:

Links!

HGMO

GxB

I'm hanging out on the wrong forums for these games too. They aren't really "gamer" fare.

3. On 2011-09-14, Amphiprison said:

They're not? But... they're games... and gamers I like are playing them...

4. On 2011-09-14, Vincent said:

Jake, and Ben, and the rest of the Cel*Style creators have made a really smart move, which is to stop trying to win Forgers and SGers and us nerds over to these games, and to instead take their games where they're wanted and welcome - to anime fans.

5. On 2011-09-15, Amphiprison said:

Yeah man! Fuck nerds! Fuckin nerds.  Maybe the anime fans will go and play some of Ben's other games once they figure out how spiff his games are.  Most of my contemporary attempts with getting people to play games seem to work better with people who have no prior experience of said games.  Funny how that works.

6. On 2011-09-15, Jake said:

Amphiprison. While the forge and SG have always been receptive of my games to an extent, it was also always obvious that I was trying to sell to the wrong audience. As soon as Matt and I started trying to sell Panty Explosion (and later, our other games) to anime, manga and video game fans we found an eager audience, one that had an interest in gaming but had often stayed away because rpgs were to complex, required too much reading, seemed too nerdy, didn't reflect the kind of fiction that they were interested in or simply took too long to play.

7. On 2011-09-21, Rafu said:

Stop marketing to geeks and begin marketing to other flavor of geeks... wait, what?!

8. On 2011-09-21, Ben Lehman said:

More: "Selling to an underserved community rather than an overserved community."

yrs—
—Ben

RSS feed: new comments to this thread