2012-06-26 : The Seclusium of Orphone
The Seclusium of Orphone of the Three Visions, in which are perils and treasure both material and obscure, made vulnerable to incursion by her imprisonment in the subrealm Paume
Orphone of the Three Visions is a wizardess of restless and fitful ambition, so often seen in city market and bazaar, paced always by her velvet half-human servant and bodyguard Ioma. For decades she has kept her seclusium unassailable upon an island of three concentric gardens in the Cove of Bar’s Toll, working her magics, pursuing her grandizement and mastery, forbidding all to come. Now she has ventured into the subrealm Paume, for reasons of curiosity, provocation or entrapment, and has neither returned nor left any remnant impulse of her will. Even loyal Ioma has departed for other employment.
So her seclusium stands, not vacant, but vulnerable. The wise have not yet approached it, but cast greedy and speculative looks. Who will be the first to venture an incursion? What will they find within?
The Seclusium of Orphone of the Three Visions: a system for creating an original wizard’s seclusium to fit into your own game’s world, campaign and level, inspired by the iconic work of Jack Vance, with notes on tone and technique, including Orphone’s Seclusium itself as a complete and playable example.
It’s my contribution to Lamentations of the Flame Princess’ July Grand Adventure Campaign. Due to start any day now!
1. On 2012-06-26, Vincent said:
2. On 2012-06-26, John Harper said:
3. On 2012-06-26, Ed Heil said:
4. On 2012-06-26, adam m said:
5. On 2012-06-26, Evan said:
6. On 2012-06-26, Vincent said:
7. On 2012-06-26, Judd said:
8. On 2012-06-26, Vincent said:
9. On 2012-06-27, Jeff Russell said:
10. On 2012-06-27, TheLoneAmigo said:
11. On 2012-06-27, Judd said:
12. On 2012-06-27, Vincent said:
13. On 2012-06-27, silerias said:
14. On 2012-06-28, Judd said:
15. On 2012-07-01, Larry said:
16. On 2012-07-01, Vincent said:
17. On 2012-07-02, Vincent said:
go "This is really cool."
JR go "Doubled my psych level for this adventure."
18. On 2012-07-03, Vincent said:
ET go "I have a feeling Raggi will find this huge undertaking a little mi?lungen in the end.."
19. On 2012-07-08, Simon C said:
20. On 2012-07-09, Vincent said:
21. On 2012-07-09, Vincent said:
22. On 2012-07-09, Vincent said:
23. On 2012-07-09, Ben Lehman said:
24. On 2012-07-10, Daniel Davis said:
25. On 2012-07-10, Larry said:
26. On 2012-07-10, Scott Bennett said:
27. On 2012-07-10, Simon R said:
ET go "Dying Earth RPG = I barter for a camel, only to run out of my dice pool and then have to take a bath or something"
28. On 2012-07-10, Simon R said:
29. On 2012-07-11, Simon C said:
30. On 2012-07-11, Jeff Russell said:
31. On 2012-07-11, Alex said:
32. On 2012-07-11, Jeff Russell said:
33. On 2012-07-11, Jeff Russell said:
34. On 2012-07-12, GB Steve said:
35. On 2012-07-12, Weeks said:
36. On 2012-07-12, Alex D said:
37. On 2012-07-12, Vincent said:
38. On 2012-07-13, Alex D said: