2005-06-21 : Robot UprisingI dreamt I was setting up to play Magic: the Gathering (which I haven't done in real life since ...uh... The Dark). I was looking through Meg's green cards (in real life, she has none, of course) and I was like, the hey?
They were from the Robot Uprising expansion. They had very sad, simple, peaceful illustrations. It seemed to be that the robots had risen up and exterminated their oppressors, but their oppressors had been the ones who feuled and maintained them - so the illustrations were a robot lying in the grass with an arm off and a bird nest on its face or an old cement factory with a tree growing out through the window. A bit like the overgrown robots in Castle in the Sky, I suppose, but really they made me think of Stanislaw Lem.
The cards had no numbers on them. Instead of "tap to make flying" or whatever, they only hinted at the rules: "remember how to fly?"
1. On 2005-06-21, Peter Dyring-Olsen said:
2. On 2005-06-21, Ben Lehman said:
3. On 2005-06-21, ethan_greer said:
4. On 2005-06-21, Talysman said:
5. On 2005-06-22, Vincent said:
6. On 2005-06-22, Vincent said:
7. On 2005-06-22, Piers said:
8. On 2005-06-22, Adam Dray said:
9. On 2005-06-22, Piers said:
10. On 2005-06-23, Victor said:
11. On 2005-06-24, christopher hearns said: