2005-06-24 : John Kim on Craft and InnovationNow this is an angle of view that we need more of around here.
It's John Kim's RPG LiveJournal; he lists a half-dozen RPG designers' games in order. He doesn't analyze them for craft or innovation, but we can and should all do that for ourselves. It's useful and interesting.
Now, a hardcorer like me, I look at those and I see mostly a story of economic and editorial constraint, not craft or innovation. But I admit to crazy bias and unreliability in that regard; better to draw your own conclusions.
1. On 2005-06-24, Matthijs Holter said:
2. On 2005-06-24, Chris said:
3. On 2005-06-24, Brand Robins said:
4. On 2005-06-24, Matthijs Holter said:
5. On 2005-06-25, Chris said:
6. On 2005-06-25, Ninja Monkey J said:
7. On 2005-06-27, John Kim said:
8. On 2005-06-27, Chris said:
9. On 2005-06-27, anon. said:
10. On 2005-07-12, haiiro said: