Watched (TV):
Beyond Survival.
Gravity Falls.
Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge.
Peaky Blinders.
Looking forward to:
Alpha House season 2.

Watched (movies):
Into the Woods (American Playhouse production with Bernadette Peters).
Killing Them Softly.
The Sacrament.
Tusk.
Looking forward to:
Fury.
Monsters 2.

Read:
Salen & Zimmerman, Rules of Play.
A bunch of old anyway posts.
Looking forward to:
The next issue of Worlds Without Master.

Wrote:
Nada.
Looking forward to:
Maybe some more short stories? That sounds fun.

Played:
Coup.
Dungeon of the Frog God!
Love Letter.
Tokaido.
Looking forward to:
Tower of the Storm Queen! Also, Deep in the Haunted Wood! After that, Space Station Mayhem!

Anybody have any recommendations?

1. On 2014-10-06, Vincent said:

I'm not doing the October Horror Movie Challenge this year, but I watched like a dozen horror movies in the last part of September. I may make some charts anyway.

2. On 2014-10-06, Alex D said:

How was Tusk? I'm on the fence about seeing it.

Love Letter... have you played Lost Legacy? I liked Love Letter, but even more I liked Legacy.

And, did you try the expansion for Tokaido? We play that one a lot and just got the expansion - I think it adds a bit but might be unbalanced...

- Alex

3. On 2014-10-06, Vincent said:

Tusk is what you know it to be, only moreso than you'd even guess. If you're on the fence about seeing it, you should be even more on the fence than you are.

I loved it!

4. On 2014-10-06, Vincent said:

...And now I've played Tower of the Storm Queen!

5. On 2014-10-06, spigot said:

Man watch 'Synecdoche, New York' if you haven't already, it's fantastic! 'My Dinner With Andre' is also great, and just recently I saw 'The Southerner', which is this old movie about a guy who decides to set up his own cotton farm. That last one reminds me a ton of AW now that I think about it - it's all about hard work and scarcity, and there's this monstrous character called Devers who I just love.

What's Dungeon of the Frog God?

6. On 2014-10-07, plausible.fabulist said:

Hild!!!

7. On 2014-10-07, Vincent said:

Alex D: I'll look up Legacy. When we've played Tokaido, we haven't used the expansion, except for the characters it adds. I believe that Eppy's opinion is that the expansion complicates the game pretty badly for no more fun.

Spigot: I love My Dinner with Andre! I haven't seen it in over a decade, though.

Dungeon of the Frog God is a tabletop non-rpg I'm making. So are Tower of the Storm Queen and the rest. I'll tell all about them soon!

PF: Oh yes!

8. On 2014-10-07, dudemic said:

If you haven't already you should definitely listen to Welcome to Night Vale.  It's the best kind of strange and unique.

"Twice-monthly community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events. Turn on your radio and hide. Welcome to Night Vale"

It bounces between ominous mystery and weird absurdist comedy.  I can't really say that I know you very well Vincent but my instinct says that you would like it.

9. On 2014-10-08, Gwathdring said:

Gravity Falls is an incredible show. It's exactly the sort of thing I would want my kids to watch if I had any—it's great television, gorgeous animation, and it happens to also be accessible to kids.

10. On 2014-10-08, spigot said:

Hey Vincent, how was 'Rules of Play' by the way?

11. On 2014-10-10, Nathan H said:

Her, you should maybe see the movie Her.

12. On 2014-10-13, Terwox said:

If you liked Coup, have you tried its parent, the Resistance, yet?  (Although I'd recommend The Resistance: Avalon, or the original game w/ the new expansion that's just coming out, they both have the same mechanics at that point.)

13. On 2014-10-14, Vincent said:

Dudemic: My kids like Welcome to Nightvale. I haven't listened to it yet.

Gwathdring: Yes!

Spigot: I'm just a fifth of the way through it. So far I like it. I've been commenting on it on G+ as I go, but soon I'll repost my comments here.

Nathan H: I loved Her!

Terwox: I haven't played it, no. Is it good?

14. On 2014-10-20, Nathan H said:

Oh, and you might like Frank? 
Maggie Gyllenhaal is great.  Why does her name need so many g's, l's and a's?

RSS feed: new comments to this thread