2006-06-20 : NOBODY wanted to
It's morning. Morning means 6:00 these days, on account of that's when the sky is light and the kids think it's daytime.
"Mm-mm," Meg says. That means good morning.
"I had the best dream," I say.
"Mm," Meg says. That means you can tell it to me if you don't mind me sleeping through it.
"Morale was really low on the Galactica - the new Galactica," I say. "We're all hanging out in the Galactica's cafeteria, which looks just like a high school cafeteria, and morale's really low. So Commander Adama decides that the thing to do is to have a drag revue."
"Mm?" Meg says. She opens one eye.
"So we're all sitting there in the cafeteria on the Galactica and the music starts and it's 'Lady Marmalade' by Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya and Pink, from Moulin Rouge, and here comes Edward James Olmos as Commander Adama, with this lipstick on and fake eyelashes, in his Galactica uniform with the front stuffed, he has this pink gauze demi-cape and he's like sashaying between the tables.
"He's like, 'voulez vous coucher avec moi, ce soir, voulez vous coucher avec moi...'"
Meg's looking at me.
"I didn't want to know that about you," she says.
1. On 2006-06-20, ethan_greer said:
2. On 2006-06-20, Andrew Cooper said:
3. On 2006-06-20, Ben Lehman said:
4. On 2006-06-20, anon. said:
5. On 2006-06-20, Larry Lade said:
6. On 2006-06-20, anon. said:
7. On 2006-06-20, Julie said:
8. On 2006-06-20, Meguey said:
9. On 2006-06-21, Kaare Berg said:
10. On 2006-06-21, Ninja Monkey J said:
11. On 2006-06-21, Rob F. said:
12. On 2006-06-27, Curly said:
13. On 2006-06-29, Ninja Monkey J said: