2010-08-14 : GenCon Conversations
Some conversations I super loved:
1. Driving with Graham and Drew, about: criticism, honesty, expertise, and maturity in one's craft.
2. With Clyde, about: unions and health care, then later about dice, clouds and arrows, and talking about design at last.
3. With that guy whose name I don't recall, a Hampshire grad, about: the Alice in Wonderland game he's working on. In fact, with a good half dozen different people throughout the con, about: the games they're working on.
4. With Anna, Elizabeth, Graham, and others less intensely, about: IPR.
5. With John and Elizabeth, about: our project.
6. With Luke, about: maturity in one's craft, ideas, talking about design at last, and distribution. If I don't get a good conversation with Luke at least once a year, I go nuts.
7. With Rob, and with several others dropping in and out, about: talking about design at last, coherent game design, GM- and player agendas, and some other stuff.
8. With 100+ people over 4 days, about: Apocalypse World.
9. More that I'm forgetting! Please remind me.
A few I missed out on:
1. With any rep, past or present, of IPR, about: IPR. I wish that'd happened.
2. With Ron and Elizabeth, about: the Black Panthers.
3. With Ron, Graham, and maybe a couple others, about: game criticism.
And many more, with many cool and excellent people. Next time!
1. On 2010-08-14, ShovelBoy said:
2. On 2010-08-15, Alex D. said:
3. On 2010-08-15, Guy Shalev said:
4. On 2010-08-15, Vincent said:
5. On 2010-08-15, Vincent said:
6. On 2010-08-15, Elizabeth said:
7. On 2010-08-16, Simon C said:
8. On 2010-08-16, Josh W said:
9. On 2010-08-16, Vincent said:
10. On 2010-08-17, Simon C said:
11. On 2010-08-29, Hans C-O said:
12. On 2010-09-10, Colin B said:
13. On 2010-09-22, Vincent said: