2010-10-27 : The player/MC line
John Harper's written a fantastic post about custom moves in Apocalypse World: Apocalypse World: Crossing the Line.
Here's another way to do it, with the player still choosing, without crossing the line:
When you try to deal with the rat-men, roll+hot. On a 10+, they'll listen to what you have to say. On a 7-9, they'll listen if you prove yourself. Choose 1:
- you consume their vile drug and have visions with them
- you give them some intel on their enemies
- you let them taste your blood (1-harm ap)
Similar choices, but all written as actions the character takes.
Smart stuff, and smart stuff - nuances, disagreements, exceptions - in the comments.
1. On 2010-10-27, Bret said:
2. On 2010-10-27, Jonathan Reiter said:
3. On 2010-10-27, Ben Lehman said:
4. On 2010-10-27, Rafu said:
5. On 2010-10-28, Ben Lehman said:
6. On 2010-10-29, Chris Chinn said: