anyway.

2013-03-06 : In the Grim Future of Apocalypse World...

Space Marine Mammal

Introducing the Space Marine Mammal

50 years ago, the enemies of Earth unleashed a psychic weapon that destroyed all hope for the future of dolphinity. Anticipating the attack and its outcome, leaving many behind to suffer and die, your grandparents rushed to evacuate Earth. They built secret orbital stations and expanded the hidden Mars base into a functional colony. Their grandchildren — you — are all that remains of true dolphinity after this appalling apocalyptic assault.

Today, the mission to reclaim Earth begins.

I'll be creating and publishing the Space Marine Mammal playbook if the Sea Dracula: Judicial Inquest at Gamestorm 2013 kickstarter reaches $1,200. Everybody who gave $5 or more will get a copy.

The Space Marine Mammal playbook will include official rules for powered armor mecha in Apocalypse World.

1. On 2013-03-06, Vincent said:

Not everybody knows this, but I'm a gigantic fan of Sea Dracula. It just might be the best game to come out of the indie RPG movement. It might be the best game that ever will come out of the indie RPG movement.

2. On 2013-03-06, Ben Lehman said:

How many more playbooks are needed to have an mostly- or entirely- animal themed AW game?

3. On 2013-03-06, Vincent said:

Well, I included 11 playbooks with the game originally, but when I'm sitting down to play I often limit it to 7 or 8. So let's say 5 or 6 more.

4. On 2013-03-06, Rafu said:

Uhm... What about holding an animal-themed playbook-design contest, Vx and Ben? To complete the animal-themed post-apocalyptic line-up.

5. On 2013-03-06, Ben Lehman said:

Because we have one animal-related playbook release for every Animal City kickstarter. To run a contest would make it not special.

direct link
marginalia

This makes...
R go "Oh, sure! I didn't know this was the rule."

6. On 2013-03-06, Ben Lehman said:

Also it occurs to me you could just be like "hey so just FYI my battlebabe is an ocelot." So that makes it easier.

direct link
marginalia

This makes...
AD go "Signature weapon a revolver?"*
BL go "Her name is "Marcy McParrot""*

*click in for more

7. On 2013-03-07, Matteo Turini said:

And a queen ant as a hardholder!

8. On 2013-03-08, Paul T. said:

Vincent, this may be off-topic here, but I'd love to read what you have to say about limiting playbooks sometime. You advise players to do that, sure, but is there more to it, specifically? Do you have some guidelines or benchmarks for when you might include a certain playbook but not another one?

(This dolphin thing, though? This is just crazy.)

9. On 2013-03-08, Vincent said:

It's 100% my mood and which playbooks go best, in my personal head, with the imagery I've been dreaming up. Guidelines, benchmarks, no, definitely not. Since you can't make a wrong call, there's no need for any such thing!

10. On 2013-03-08, Vincent said:

Now with an illustration!

11. On 2013-03-09, Petra said:

Please, Vincent, tell us what her special move is? (I heard that dolphins are sex addicts).

12. On 2013-03-09, Vincent said:

I've heard the same.

13. On 2013-03-09, Corey Brin said:

Dolphins are the only other mammals that have sex just for fun and not only to procreate!

14. On 2013-03-09, Vincent said:

That seems very unlikely to me! Mammals are the humpiest animals I ever saw.

direct link
marginalia

This makes...
BL go "Giraffes!"*

*click in for more

15. On 2013-03-11, Corey Brin said:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/pleasure.asp

Here's a great write up on the subject.  :)

16. On 2013-03-11, Vincent said:

Enlinked!

If you have to "specifically [exclude] homosexual and masturbatory activity" in order to claim that animals don't have sex for fun, you've lost me!

direct link
marginalia

This makes...
AD go "Yeah... that seems awfully restrictive."

17. On 2013-03-17, Morgan Stinson said:

If any of you gave more than $15 make sure you hope onto kickstarter and fill out the survey for your business card info.

RSS feed: new comments to this thread