anyway.

2006-05-12 : A quick Mechaton thought

Duh, the doomsday clock starts at [x]+[y]per mech, not per player.

So first let's try... 8 + 1 per mech in the smallest army.

So if I'm fielding 4 mechs and you're fielding 6, we set the doomsday clock to 8+4=12.

More Mechaton here, here and here.

1. On 2006-05-16, Ninja Monkey J said:

Are we still assuming ~5 mecha per side?

2. On 2006-05-16, Vincent said:

Yeah. I have a little chart for how many players -> how many mechs minimum & maximum, but yeah, it's about 5 to a side.

Oh and, here's the rule let's actually try first:

Take the difference between the number of mechs in the biggest army and the number of mechs in the smallest. For example, 2.

Set the doomsday clock to 13 minus that number. For example, 11.

3. On 2006-05-17, Ninja Monkey J said:

So if I've got 12 little bugs that each have only Whites and maybe a Big Missile or two among them, and you have 5 mecha, I've gotta do all my capturing and destroying in six turns.

I want to try a game with this disparity some time. Like, lots of guys on the field.

I propose that the number of points each player starts with be a function of both number of mecha and number of dice.

See, I want the swarm strategy to be viable. In fact, I want lots of low-impact stuff on the field for blowupping purposes.

4. On 2006-05-17, Vincent said:

I propose that the number of points each player starts with be a function of both number of mecha and number of dice.

It is.

Say you have 12 guys with, between them, 36 dice (their white dice + 1 die each). I have 5 guys with, between them, 30 dice (their white dice + the max of 4 more dice each). We each have 2 vaporators.

You have more guys and more dice, so I'm at 7 points per happy and you're at 3 points per happy.

You've got 14 happies - 12 guys and 2 vaporators. You start with 42 points.

I've got 7 happies - 5 guys and 2 vaporators. I start with 49 points.

So in order to tie the game, you have to take out one of my mechs. If you take out two of my mechs or seize one of my vaporators, without losing anything yourself, you win.

6 turns will be very tight, what with me double-counting down and all. You might want to give your guys some more dice.

5. On 2006-05-17, Ninja Monkey J said:

How is that a function of the number of dice? What am I not understanding here? Any why would I think I would understand this at 3:30 in the morning?

RSS feed: new comments to this thread