2007-07-23 : Doomsday ticks closer
...but we didn't take any photos.
I had a really dangerous scheme. It was: field a bunch of mechs with two armor, one spotting, no movement, no weapons. I fielded 5 mechs with 15 total attachments, where J and Em fielded 5 mechs each with 19 and 20 total attachments, respectively, so I got the big 6 points per to their 5 and 4 points per. I started the battle winning and holding the special objective, a food production thingy worth a multiplier in economy & jobs.
My scheme worked, basically. I abandoned the special objective to J pretty much off the bat, and otherwise held my ground and shone my spotlights on Emily's mechs. We all lost one mech in the fighting, J took the special objective from me, and Em took an objective from J.
The final score was me: 30, J: 30, and Em: 28. If two dumb, random things had gone the other way, it would've been me: 36, J: 35, and Em: 24, and that would've been a better outcome for everybody but Emily!
Here's where we stand now:
Joshua, the Paktalist terrorists
+30 points, for a current sum of 126
+1 to economy & jobs, for a multiplier of x2
society & conscience: 126 x 3 = 378 (the winning score)
economy & jobs: 126 x 2 = 252
security & law enforcement: 126 x 1 = 126
Emily, the Rasili opressors
+28 points, for a current sum of 136
society & conscience: 136 x 2 = 272
economy & jobs: 136 x 2 = 272 (the winning score)
security & law enforcement: 136 x 2 = 272
Me, the good and rightful provisional government of Tarkut
+30 points, for a current sum of 97
society & conscience: 97 x 3 = 291
economy & jobs: 97 x 1 = 97
security & law enforcement: 97 x 3 = 291 (the winning score)
The Doomsday Clock ticked down from 7 to 6, and Emily chose to tick it down to 5. Three more battles to Doomsday, probably, and it's Emily's turn to set up the next one.
I promise to take photos!
In related news, Lego Factory now has available enough parts to make Mechaton mechs with. As soon as I can get the Lego Factory software to work on my machine, I'll put some models up for sale there! Watch this space.
1. On 2007-07-23, Carl Cravens said:
2. On 2007-07-23, Vincent said:
3. On 2007-07-24, NinJ said:
4. On 2007-07-24, drnuncheon said:
5. On 2007-07-26, Tom said:
6. On 2007-07-26, Vincent said:
7. On 2007-07-29, Vincent said:
8. On 2007-08-01, Tom said:
9. On 2007-08-14, dmq said:
10. On 2007-09-06, Emily said:
11. On 2007-09-10, Emily said:
12. On 2007-09-10, Vincent said:
13. On 2007-09-11, NinJ said:
14. On 2007-09-12, Vincent said:
15. On 2007-09-12, Vincent said:
16. On 2007-09-12, Emily said:
17. On 2007-09-12, Vincent said:
18. On 2007-09-13, NinJ said:
19. On 2007-09-13, Vincent said:
20. On 2007-09-13, NinJ said:
21. On 2007-09-13, Vincent said:
22. On 2007-09-13, Emily said:
23. On 2007-09-14, NinJ said: