2011-07-05 : The Iridium Plateau
I don't really have any idea what a Planet Algol is, but apparently it's a thing where there's an alien planet and science fantasy and people from earth used to travel to it by mystical means but now (this is the future) they travel to it in space ships. There are spells and force shields and killer robots and dudes with green or blue or blood-red skin and head crests instead of hair, and it's all fueled by heavy metal, violence, and abandon. So that's fun. I guess it's the creation of Blair Fitzpatrick, whom I don't know anything about otherwise. He created it as a setting for old school D&D and Lamentations of the Flame Princess, is that right?
It won't surprise any of you that my favorite part of the Old School Renaissance is the part that loves the visceral, gleeful, weird pulp and grindhouse grotesque.
Anyway but Johnstone Metzger has been running a game set on Planet Algol using Apocalypse World, and now he's made some of his conversion stuff available: World of Algol pdf.
This is great! It's just a bundle of character playbooks, a good handful of new setting-specific rules (spells, contamination, races), and notes for the MC about what your agenda and principles mean in this new context. It opens Apocalypse World up to a whole new setting and milieu, like Dungeon World and Monsterhearts do, but it's not a full ground-up design, it's a tight and minimal conversion. I like it a lot.
1. On 2011-07-05, Vincent said:
2. On 2011-07-05, Gregor said:
3. On 2011-07-05, Ben Lehman said:
4. On 2011-07-05, Johnstone said:
5. On 2011-07-05, Vincent said:
6. On 2011-07-05, Simon C said:
7. On 2011-07-05, Simon C said:
8. On 2011-07-05, C Luke Mula said:
9. On 2011-07-06, Ry said:
10. On 2011-07-06, Jay Loomis said:
11. On 2011-07-06, Christian Griffen said:
12. On 2011-07-06, Damian said:
13. On 2011-07-06, Jay Loomis said:
14. On 2011-07-06, Jaywalt said:
15. On 2011-07-07, Simon C said:
16. On 2011-07-07, Simon C said:
17. On 2012-02-27, Paul T. said:
18. On 2012-02-28, Johnstone said:
19. On 2012-02-29, Paul T. said: