2008-06-30 : A Really Good Weekend
1. Everybody should see WALL-E, but J? You should especially see WALL-E.
2. I have written the ultimate social conflict rules. They're for Storming the Wizard's Tower. They let you roll dice to seize social power over your opponent, but without disrupting the natural conversation. In fact they enhance the natural conversation, they don't impose formalism onto it the way Dogs in the Vineyard's dice do, and they don't cut it short the way lots of other social conflict resolution rules do. Also they handle NPCs' lying better than Dogs in the Vineyard does, while nevertheless showcasing the characters' psychologies. Furthermore they're lightweight, in fact one of the lightest weight subsystems in the game. They may be portable to other games, I dunno, but they fit into Storming the Wizard's Tower like it had a hole in it just their shape.
Don't ask what they are! It's a secret. I'll tell you soon.
3. We spent all day yesterday at the Farmers' Museum in Cooperstown NY. We are weary but happy. They have a working small-batch print shop there with these great old hand-cranked hand-set printing presses, and I think I'm in love.
4. I'm not going to get punched in the eye! Probably. I guess there's still time for me to screw it up.
1. On 2008-06-30, Warren said:
2. On 2008-06-30, Vincentt said:
3. On 2008-07-01, Moreno R. said:
4. On 2008-07-01, Vincent said:
5. On 2008-07-01, Arturo G. said:
6. On 2008-07-01, Vincent said:
7. On 2008-07-01, Vincent said:
8. On 2008-07-01, Vincent said:
9. On 2008-07-01, Brand Robins said:
10. On 2008-07-01, Vincent said:
11. On 2008-07-01, Ryan Stoughton said:
12. On 2008-07-02, jessecoombs said:
13. On 2008-07-02, Arturo G. said:
14. On 2008-07-02, Vincent said:
15. On 2008-07-02, Vincent said:
16. On 2008-07-02, Arturo G. said:
17. On 2008-07-03, Judd said:
18. On 2008-07-04, Matt Wilson said:
19. On 2008-08-04, Erik Weissengruber said: