2012-11-12 : Where were we...?
Looking back, I discover that there hasn't been any rpg theory here on my blog since June. What's up with that?
Evan Torner wants me to write a piece about fictional positioning. Fictional positioning is a great topic - it's right at the crux of both timelines, plus negotiating assent and occult shared ownership, plus this whole fiction-first / concrete imagery kick I've been on, and furthermore its name contains a reference to Ron Edwards' components of character that the idea backs up but that isn't obvious, while at the same time being an idea outside of the Big Model. And on top of that, it's a term of Emily's and she's sometimes thought I've appropriated and misused it, and I can see why but I don't think I have, so there's some personal tension involved too. SO MUCH to dig into!
Of those, anybody have any opinions where I should start?
Series table of contents:
Emily on Fictional Positioning
Positioning: the Big Model vs Emily, reconciled
Positioning: System and gameplay options
Positioning: My Premature Conclusion
Positioning: Some Looly Pooly Groundwork
Positioning: Two Timelines
Positioning: Two Timelines in Text
Positioning: Legitimacy and Occult Co-ownership
Positioning: what about Resource and Effectiveness?
Positioning: the Okay Cycle
1. On 2012-11-12, Alex F said:
R go "Is that because good conflict requires staring into each other's eyes, or...?"
AF go "Totally"*
R go "Oh, sure!"*
*click in for more
2. On 2012-11-12, akooser said:
3. On 2012-11-13, David B said:
4. On 2012-11-13, Simon C said:
5. On 2012-11-13, Kristian JR said:
6. On 2012-11-13, Evan said:
7. On 2012-11-13, Weeks said:
8. On 2012-11-13, Damian said:
9. On 2012-11-13, Terwox said:
10. On 2012-11-13, Marhault said:
11. On 2012-11-14, Greg Pogor said:
GcL go "0-Think so 1-No, 2-With deep, sweet pain"
GP go "nodding with approval."
12. On 2012-11-14, Gregor said:
13. On 2012-11-14, Greg Pogor said:
14. On 2012-11-15, Vincent said:
15. On 2012-11-20, Vincent said:
16. On 2012-11-20, Vincent said:
17. On 2012-11-21, Vincent said: