2014-01-21 : Some Basic Rules (vi)
Fight Challenges (redesigned)
To bring fighting in line with races and flinch challenges.
You and your opponent both roll. The GM tells you which stat to roll, and whether to modify your roll with a tag.
Whichever of you rolls higher, you land the first blow. The effect of the blow depends on weapon and armor (if any).
Whichever rolls lower, you receive the first blow. After you suffer the effect of the blow, your roll stands and you have a choice:
- Abandon the fight.
- Stay in the fight.
If you decide to abandon the fight, this means submitting, fleeing, diving for cover, or otherwise disengaging. Declare your intentions. If your opponent isn't willing to let you go, successfully breaking off might require you to make a save, a test, or another challenge. Check with the GM.
If you decide to stay in the fight, your low roll stands. Your opponent rerolls against it.
If your opponent beats your standing roll again, she lands the next blow too. You suffer the effects and choose again whether to stay in the fight or break off.
If your opponent ties or loses to your standing roll, you land the next blow. Your opponent suffers the effects, and it becomes your opponent's turn to choose whether to stay in or break off.
The fight continues until:
- Someone breaks off;
- The effect of a blow incapacitates or kills someone.
Your modules, equipment, and tags will specify the effects of the blows you land and suffer, and may specify further outcomes or give you additional options to choose from.
More to come. All subject to change.
1. On 2014-01-22, Jeremy L. said:
2. On 2014-01-22, JMendes said:
3. On 2014-01-22, Vincent said:
4. On 2014-01-23, Jeremy L. said:
5. On 2014-01-23, Jasin said:
6. On 2014-01-23, Vincent said:
7. On 2014-01-23, Vincent said:
8. On 2014-01-28, E. Torner said:
9. On 2014-01-28, Vincent said:
10. On 2014-02-10, Vincent said:
11. On 2014-02-16, Josh W said:
12. On 2014-02-16, Vincent said:
13. On 2014-02-27, Josh W said:
14. On 2014-03-01, Vincent said: