2008-10-02 : Fellow Publishers: Success? Failure?
(This is occasioned by Matt's shutting down Chimera Creative, as you might guess. I've been meaning to ask these questions for a while, but it seems like it's time to stop meaning to.)
Dear current or former fellow indie RPG publisher,
If I had a podcast, I'd interview you. These are the questions I'd ask.
1. What's your name?
2. What's your publishing company?
3. What game or games have you published?
4. When you first started publishing, what success did you hope for?
5. Did you achieve it?
6. What success do you hope for now?
7. Have you achieved it?
8. If a hopeful new RPG publisher came to you and asked you for your wisdom, to help her set reasonable expectations for her own games' success, what would you tell her?
Since I don't have a podcast, if you'd like to answer them here, I invite you to do so. Please feel free!
Thank you very kindly,
1. On 2008-10-02, Brennan said:
2. On 2008-10-02, Valamir said:
3. On 2008-10-02, Seth Ben-Ezra said:
4. On 2008-10-02, Marco said:
5. On 2008-10-02, Judd said:
6. On 2008-10-03, Ben Lehman said:
7. On 2008-10-03, Gregor said:
8. On 2008-10-03, Jonathan Walton said:
9. On 2008-10-03, Graham said:
10. On 2008-10-03, Vincent said:
11. On 2008-10-03, trukulo said:
12. On 2008-10-04, Eero Tuovinen said:
13. On 2008-10-05, Nathan P. said:
14. On 2008-10-05, TonyDowler said:
15. On 2008-10-09, Levi Kornelsen said:
16. On 2008-10-14, Joshua A.C. Newman said: